Browse this blog

Monday, November 16, 2009

Linux - DSL Problem Ubuntu 9.10

I have a very simple solution for Ubuntu 9.10's DSL problem. In many forums you are told to change the "pppoeconf" settings. That is one part of the solution. I had the problem, that I installed Ubuntu 9.10 via Wubi and in this case the pppoeconf settings won't work.

You have to install Ubuntu 9.10 in the good old way on a separate partition. 

Change the pppoeconf settings:

1) Change to root user
sudo -s 

2) change pppoeconf settings:
pppoeconf

3) Answer every question with "yes"

4) Finished!

For my it is the best solution for people who have not a router.

1 comment:

  1. does this really work...... I also get this in dsl internet problem.

    but I have installed ubuntu completely and not just by using Wubi

    ReplyDelete